Home Design Work Recognitions For Sale About Me

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Ev's Rodeo and Western card(CQC #69)



Hello there, my little chickadees;) Lol, that's what I call my Theater students & I thought you might get a chuckle like they do;) Hope you all are well. My sweet little Ev had his "rodeo" at school today, a little program and activity day they have been working on since before Christmas! Sooooo CUTE to see all the little preschoolers dressed up in their Western costume, singing their little songs and then they had some cute, fun activities to boot (get it? "Boot?"sorry, I know I'm being corny, I am on a significant lack of sleep this week, and that never bodes well for my sense of humor!) Isn't my little cowboy handsome? Anyway, as I was driving home I was thinking how Western these colors seemed to me & decided to go that route with my card. VERY simple and easy card, I used my fringe scissors at the bottom and then covered it with a subtle patterned paper in the Razzleberry color. Cut half of a Top Note die out of Peach Parfait and stamped my sentiment on Cajun Craze in coordinating ink. Tied some ribbon around and added a simple embellishment I made from some punched stars and a button:) Go check out my DT buddies samples over at ColourQ and make sure to play with this fun and unique color combo this week! So far, I've seen LOTS of super fun valentines with this, such a nice change from the classic red and pink. :)

DUST IT OFF! Check out these old stamps, plus those star punches, both are from 2007. 

have a stellar day! -Noelle:)


supply list: 

Stampin' Up!: stamp set "Priceless," solid cardstock in challenge colors, patterned paper in Rich Razzleberry (Razzleberry Lemonade DSP), star punches, button, twine, Top Note die, Cajun Craze inkpad.

Martha Stewart Crafts: Fringe scissors

& ribbon is generic. 


4 comments:

Sylvia said...

Noelle, Love your rodeo star! Love your card as well! You had a fun time I expect! thanks for playing along with us.

Joan Ervin said...

Awwww, what a darling little cowboy....you must be one proud Momma!!! I love your card, too...such pretty colors and I love how you fringed the bottom...tooo cool!!!

Susan (peebsmama) said...

I really like your color combo and your fringe. Fun card.

LeAnne said...

Oh my gosh, what a cute photo and GREAT card! Love that little fringed border!!!