Home Design Work Recognitions For Sale About Me

Friday, July 18, 2014

Unicornly Yours-Birthday Card for Shelley


Hey all! Just popping by with a card for my little sis (and co-editor at Craft Storage Ideas) Shelley!
Shelley loves unicorns! I don’t know if you remember this, but I had a fun Unicorn Bridal shower for her about a year and a half ago. It was such a hit, and so fun to put together.
I have a Paper Smooches project in the current issue of CardMaker Magazine! I actually have another card in this issue as well. But the Paper Smooches one is on page 44. Check it…. You likey?
One of the perks of getting published is that you sometimes get free stamps! Kim was generous enough to let me pick a few new things for this publication. Thank you, Kim!! I had to get the unicorn set “Spectrum.” I also got a few other fun things! But I KNEW I wanted to make my sister’s birthday card with this set. I went with a really soft color palette on this. I wanted to use sequins, but in the end used some of these Candi Dots I have instead. I flipped them over so you didn’t see the silver foil stripes on them, and added some teeny rhinestones as an accent.
I used the TCP Circus Panels CutUps for the sentiment, and a few more rhinestones for good measure. There is no such thing as too many rhinestones, right?

I sure hope you like my card. Thanks for popping by! J

1 comment:

Annette Allen said...

congrats on your publication.. and love this adorable card.