Home Design Work Recognitions For Sale About Me

Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Tween Boy Room Makeover #2

Hi all! So sorry that vacations, races, and renovations have kept me from blogging much in July. I am missing you all! I do have a new post up at CardMaker blog today!  Check it out if you can! :) 

Just thought I would swing by and show you my middle son’s room, though. We did this “tween makeover” during Spring Break. He had a lot of say in the design of the room, and I love the things he chose. It’s a lot more sophisticated from the “flying saucer room” he’s had for years! This is a #2 post because his brother had his own Tween makeover right here. 


We started out using this duvet cover he picked from IKEA as our jumping off point. We selected the gray color to match the stripe in the duvet, and I really like it. It’s a warm gray, that I would say has some pink in the undertones. Which keeps the room from feeling too cold, and I like that. It’s also a relatively light shade, which helps keep the room from feeling too small. I found that large metal “C” at a boutique/antiques shop. It was only 10$! SCORE!


We knew the Lego table would be a big part of the room as well. Had I been buying the plastic drawers for this purpose, I would have picked much smaller drawers. But we had these stashed in our basement, so decided to use them and save ourselves some cash. Besides, how organized is really going to stay anyway? I like things pretty, but I am also a realist! ;) The labels were a free printable download from here.


The vinyl was ordered right here, and I love that we could get the colors to accentuate the room perfectly without getting the bright primary “Lego colors.” I didn’t have my Silhouette Cameo then, or I would have been able to cut them myself! ;)


One of my favorite parts of the room was the valance. I wanted to bring some whimsy into the room, some “kid” energy. This pennant valance was SO easy, cheap, and I was surprised at how quickly it came together! The fabric pieces were fat quarters from Joann. The buttons I had in my stash, they are vintage buttons. The ribbon was also from Joann. All I did was create a triangle pattern, cut two pieces for each pennant. Stitched the right sides together, flipped right side out and pressed. Then I just stitched the pennants to the ribbon and added buttons. I just tied these to the curtain rod we already had from his old valance. Do you like it? I think it’s my favorite part of the room. My son loves it, too! J





 Thanks so much for stopping by! 


1 comment:

Annette Allen said...

love your card.. that shaker is awesome..

what a fun room for your boy.. he looks like he is loving it..