Home Design Work Recognitions For Sale About Me

Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Vintage Valentine Cards

Hi friends, just popping in today! Firstly, I wanted to let you know I have a new article up on Craft Storage Ideas today! It's about my friend Kelli's craft room, she uses lots of fun product from thirty-one to keep her stash neat and organized! It's also TCP Tuesday! I haven't had a chance to play just yet, but I am hoping to get something made soon. :)


I stopped by one of my fave antique/vintage stores last week, The Pink Attic Cat. They always have the BEST vintage papers and cards, I was on a mission, knew I wanted some vintage Valentines to use in my card making. I have been making a lot of what I call "ephemera" cards lately, just a variety of elements layered up, no stamping, no coloring. Stress free crafting at it's finest! I think I put these 2 cards together in about 25 minutes.


This one was cute, I thought. Particularly since the couple is on a bike (both my hubby and I bike) and because it says "To Loveland." Loveland is a ski town in CO, so it was doubly fitting for us. This is a large card 5 1/2" square. Just some deco papers altered up for fun, nothing too hard. I will give this one to my hubby.


I picked up 8 vintage Valentines I think, and 2 of them were rockets. I have a soft spot for anything space related as my hubby works in the industry and my boys have always been fascinated with outer space. I think this one will go to my middle son, I have already made another REALLY fun card for my oldest, I'll get it posted soon so you can see, it's a BACON valentine! ;)


I just die cut some deco paper for the saying and added some washi along the bottom of this one.


That's it for me today, STAY WARM blog friends! :)

xo, Noelle




1 comment:

Colleen Dietrich said...

These are fun and cute! I miss the old Valentines. Now, kids have stupid ones to pick from for their classmates. :(

Neat that 'Loveland' has special meaning for you!