Home Design Work Recognitions For Sale About Me

Saturday, October 12, 2013

Recent Scrapbook Pages


 Hi all, just wanted to share the whole six pages I got finished this summer. Haha, of course I had BIG plans to scrap my little heart out all summer, but between all the trips we went on, and just the normal busyness of summer, this was all I managed. I was recently invited to go on a scrap weekend later this month. I’m hesitant because I went to this same retreat last fall, and it’s at a very high altitude. I know you’re thinking “Don’t you live in Colorado, Noelle?” Well yes, dear readers, I do. ;) But I live at around a 5500 ft altitude. And, this retreat is probably at an 8-9000 altitude. Which just MESSES with me! It’s probably a good thing I’m not a skier, nor do I intend to become one! But, the fact remains, that I am WAY behind on scrapbooking, I have two whole shoeboxes of pics to scrap, plus a book I volunteered to do for one of the organizations I’m involved in.  So, we will see….  I may need to research ideas on coping with altitude sickness so I can go.

I tried to catch up on the oldest pics first. I used to always scrap chronologically. But when I started scrapping as a ColourQ designer, I started jumping around based on that week’s colors and which pics would work best with them. Then the last few years when I went to scrap retreats, I decided to focus on specific themes, like sports pages, and holiday pages. This made it much easier to pack! But I had a few older events left to scrap, so I tried to finish those up this summer.

This page was Field Day page for C. I used the design of the paper to use as my guide for cutting it. Also cut an orange circle in half and layered that beneath the DP. That is where I had the title and date rest, it gives the pages nice movement, don’tcha think? I used some OLD product on here.... Some basketball brads were a fun touch, and those felt pieces are ancient. 




The second spread is from when hubby went to visit his sis and her new baby in MN. This was a fun page, I used sticker banners and bakers twine to create the titles. There was some washi tape printed on the paper and I added some more real washi to multiply that effect. I had one of those pics where it was mostly dead space, but had a sweet pic of my niece in the corner. So, I used a heart punch to focus in on her little face. This spread is a bit unusual for me, as I tend to layer up a lot of cardstock on my pages, and this is just a single paper, some stickers and the pics.




The final page took me the longest, because I followed this sketch I found on Pinterest. I had trouble getting that link to work, hopefully you will have better luck! 
Layout’s an area I struggle in, so I do think sketches really make for prettier pages where I’m concerned. There is also a pretty complicated color scheme on this spread. I wanted the purple, because E’s paper cowboy vest was purple. But the old scrap kit for Stampin’ Up! that I wanted to use (it had a very western feel and I wanted to use it up) was orange, sky blue, and olive! So this is how I handled that. I found a neutral (brown) base paper with a green edge. Then I scoured my stash for a DP that had all the colors I was using in it. Came up with this striped piece. Then I was able to layer in the scrap kit pieces, and then they worked well! I matted the photos in purple and even found a purple embellie in my stash that married well with the scrap kit. 



Well, that's all for me today, thanks so much for popping by! :)

xo, Noelle




2 comments:

Annette Allen said...

wow these pages are all amazing..

Katie Ann Brooks said...

These are all super fun! I love the rodeo one best, awesome!