Home Design Work Recognitions For Sale About Me

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Little Einstein Birthday Party Page (CQC150)


Hello there! Getting into the swing of things with this week's ColourQ Challenge! :) Here's the bright and happy palette for ya.
cqc150
I pulled out one of the cute pics from Ev's birthday party last Fall. Honestly, his 5th birthday is only about a month away, I can't believe it's been a whole year since these were taken. You might remember the centerpiece and the invitations that I made last year for Ev's obscure birthday party theme! Have you ever had to do a party for your child that wasn't the "in" theme of the moment? This was one of those. Seems the boys go that way more often than not, picking something that no party store carries paper plates in ;) Ha! For this particular theme, I printed out a pic of the Little Einsteins from the web and took it to the grocery store and had them make a "photo" cake with it. 

I also ordered LE party hats from eBay, bought an iron on from there, too, so I could make him a l/s LE shirt that you see him wearing here! I've found mixing solid color plates and tablecloths with a few themed items really helps get the party theme across without spending a fortune! Particularly if the party theme is a hard one to find. As a side note, Dollar Tree has lots of solid color party supplies for only a buck. :)

For games we did "Classical Music Chairs" where Ev was the "conductor" of the musical chairs music wearing his "Leo" glasses with his baton! :) We also had "Pin the Moon on the Starry Night." For that I got an inexpensive poster of the famous Starry Night painting, scanned in the moon section of it, and printed and cut out 10 moons, then did the pin the tail on the donkey kind of game with that! Both games were big hits with the kids, and I felt proud of my creativity in dealing with the obscure party theme. :) If you've ever watched the Little Einsteins show, you know that the games were very fitting!

So this page was about him "conducting" the musical chairs game. The lightbulb paper seemed a good fit for the word "Einstein." I decided to go with "Little Einstein" instead of the plural "Little Einsteins" because the page was really about Evan. Made a little tag with a chipboard button and some stickers that I tied to the clip on the photo. Pulled a bunch of bits and pieces from here and there, like I often do with my ColourQ pages. I even traced over the light blue and pink lines on this large arrow die cut with Bermuda Bay and Poppy colored markers! ;) Not to say I'm perfect, bummed that there are tiny bits of orange and gray on my page, I normally like to stick to the strictly the palette colors. I also used that arrow as the journaling spot, which worked out well, I think. :)
Here's a few pics from yesterday! My big 4th grader went Back To School! His bros have a few more weeks at home yet, but here's a couple pics from Collin. :)
"Ok Mom,  just one picture!" 

"Mom, I said ONE!"

Last 3 brothers moment of the summer.

Ev "photo bombing" a picture I was trying to snap of Collin and his friend
who had unknowingly bought the same backpack in different colors! ;)

Well that's it for me today! Please come play at the ColourQ with us this week! :)

hugs, Noelle
supply list: patterned paper: BoBunny, DCWV, Crate Paper; stickers: Martha Stewart Crafts, The Paper Studio; Cricut cartridge: "Don Juan" 

DUST IT OFF!: Actually there's nothing NEW on this page, so I guess it's all a "dust off!" :) some of the things I'm not even sure the brand on, hoping the supply list is just close to being right! ;)

2 comments:

Annette Allen said...

aww how cute...the birthday looked fun and great cake...love the back to school photos...

Tracey McNeely said...

Love your layout Noelle, looks like Little Einstein was having a blast. Fun cake too!