Home Design Work Recognitions For Sale About Me

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Pretty Purple Snowflakes




Do you remember that old R& B song "Purple Snowflakes?" Probably not, as I have a liking of all Christmas music, but particularly obscure Christmas music. That song is DEFINITELY obscure!! Just don't sing "The First Noel" to me & we will be all good, ok? I've been serenaded with that song a few too many times in my lifetime, lol;)

So, this card is for two challenges Mojo Monday #159 and Color Throwdown #113. You can see the colors & the sketch on the side here. I used my new Christmas set again, I'm kind of
into Christmas cards this week, in case you couldn't tell.... ;) So I cut the snowflake & cloud from dies out of craft felt. If youv'e never tried, I've found I can cut felt with MOST brands of dies in the Cuttlebug, you just need to stabilize it with paper, so if you are using a Cuttlebug die, the "sandwich" would be- A plate, B plate, die, felt, paper, B plate. When I first saw these colors, I was unsure if I'd ever used purple and brown together before, but I have to say I will try it again, I really liked the way it turned out! For my little snowman, I embossed him in silver EP on                 Vanilla cardstock, then I sprayed him with the Vanilla Smooch Spritz & colored his mittens, scarf and hat with brown and plum markers. The Smooch Spritz gives him a little shimmer, I tried glittering him, but it was just WAY too much. 
Supply list: cloud die-MFT, snowflake die-Cuttlebug, oval & scallop circle punches-EK Success/SU!, Stamp "Jolly Old Sanit Nicholas"- SU!, reindeer paper-My Mind's eye, striped paper-DCWV, markers-SU!, purple ribbon-SU! twine-SU!, large curve punch-EK Success.
 I hope you like my card! Please comment or follow, I would LOVE to hear from you:)!!   -Noelle

3 comments:

Carla S. said...

What a cute card, Noelle! Love the felt cloud and snowflake and the cute snowman! Thanks for playing in the Color Throwdown!

Broni said...

I don't remember the song but I like your purple snowflake!! Thanks for playing along with us in the Color Throwdown!!

Unknown said...

Hi Noelle! Your card is so beautiful. Thanks for sharing :)