Home Design Work Recognitions For Sale About Me

Saturday, October 23, 2010

2s4y- Kazan's Sketch 64 "Happy Ho ho ho holidays!!!"




Hi all! I hope you are all doing well today:) I am finally making the time to get to this week's 2s4y! I feel a little silly using this stamp again ( I recently used it for another sketch over there...) But when I saw the sketch I just really wanted to use this one again, I just LOVE this stamp! I'm normally not even that into Santas, but this guy has such personality:) Ok-details. I don't have a large scallop punch or die, so I used my CM wavy cutter to make the edge of my card base (SU! Cherry Cobbler color). I then punched the little clovers in it with one of the punches from my SU! mini punch pack. Then for the center strip I layered a snowflake piece and another patterned piece from the My Mind's Eye "Holly Jolly" line. LOVE these papers, they are just gorgeous!! The patterned papers are layered over a piece of SU! Baja Breeze punched with a fancy Martha Stewart Crafts punch. Now for that square piece the Santa is on, I used my new ink/brayer/embossing folder technique (see previous post for more details), using Baja breeze ink on Baja Breeze cardstock. Then I sprayed it with Vanilla Smooch Spritz for that Christmas glitz! I stamped my Santa on Ivory cardstock and colored him with Copics- I glittered the trim on his hat with Dazzling Diamonds glitter. Finally I stamped my sentiment and punched it out with a (very old)  EK Success tag punch & accented it with a mini library clip from SU!
Well that's it for me today, I will be back this week with some more fun challenges!
xoxox-Noelle

3 comments:

Eva said...

great card...the santa is cute!

Kristii said...

Such a wonderful card!!! Love the embossing and I totally love the Santa!!!

Unknown said...

this card has certainly put me in a festive mood
Thanks so much for joining us at 2S4Y this week
:) Kazan