Home Design Work Recognitions For Sale About Me

Thursday, June 24, 2010

Journals For My etsy Shop


Hi everyone!! Here's some journals that I've been working on for my etsy shop. I'd like to make several more soon, but this summer is SO nuts, with all the boys home, I just haven't had time to work on much these days. Hopefully, I will get to some more very SOON :) These are regular sized composition books (currently 1$ at Target), I use scraps of the flocked paper to make a pen loop.  

This first red and brown diary is from Stampin' Up! "Presto Patterns" DSP. It comes white with embossed images on it. I brayered over the white with the new ink, Cherry Cobbler, some Basic Brown, and then finally spritzed it with the gold Smooch Spritz. I used a flocked paper by Christine Adolph (Creative Imaginations) on the bindings, more of antique look on this one. I used some brown sticker letters, along the bottom to spell out the word "journal." I used a large paper clip with a ribbon knotted on the top. I cover the insides of the journal cover with cardstock to cover the pen loop and ribbon ends.

The butterfly journal I thought would be good for a person going through a difficult time. The caption reads "If nothing ever changed, there would be no butterflies." I thought it would be a good gift for someone going through a loss of a loved one, a divorce, or job loss. The butterfly patternrd paper is Basic Grey and the butterfly flocked paper on the binding is Anna Griffin. The stamps are from Stampin' Up! as well as the polka dot acetate set of "wings."






The final journal is a Stampin' Up! paper as well, from the DSP package from last year, "Good Morning Sunshine." I thouyght it might be cute for a diet & exercise journal & I may make one for myself!! :) The stamps are Tart and Tangy. I had the decorated paper clip in my stash from awhile back.
Well that's it for today, I am trying (TRYING) to get around to this week's SFYTT. So, we'll see if that happens!! Have a great evening!

No comments: