Home Design Work Recognitions For Sale About Me

Sunday, December 15, 2013

Ho! Ho! Ho! MERRY CHRISTMAS!! (ColourQ 219)


Holiday Greetings, crafty friends! I am so sorry for the virtual crickets 'round the old blog lately..... Believe it or not, I've been crafting a TON! Lots of magazine submissions, and I've been working on a big project (a scrapbook) that was something I volunteered to do. So, lots of crafty time, but nothing to share here, unfortunately. Earlier this week, I made some mini jars of my Gingerbread Scrub, for my book group ladies. I will try to get a quick post up about that soon, the teeny jars are so cute! :)
Yesterday, I finished up a LOT of things, all these crafty projects that were due, cleaned up several messy areas in my house, got packages shipped, some more housework going, and the bulk of my shopping is done....  and suddenly and this strong drive to craft something for ME, just for FUN! Just needed to rejuvenate, and I am so glad I did. I used this week's ColourQ palette, such perfect holiday colors! It was a great jumping off place! I also made another fun card, that I will share later this week. I will probably give this to one of my oldest son's teachers. He is in middle school now, and wanted to do something small for 4 of his teachers. So, I got some Starbucks gift cards, and figured I'll just slip them in some cute cards I've made.
I had this new (new to me, anyway!) holiday set from Tim Holtz, I'd been dying to ink up this vintage Santa. He is SUPER cute, as it the rest of the set, but (as often happens with big stamps) it took me a few tries to get the image down cleanly. In the end, I put a mousepad under the card stock I was stamping on to get a clean image. 
I had that background DP already cut (Lawn Fawn/Into the Woods), and the colors were perfect, so I went with it! 
Ended up accenting with some TCP Snowflakes, and a jingle bell brad. On the top, a snowflake button, a glitter button, and some Holiday Divine Twine. LOVE that twine! 

I (oh, the horror!) ordered photo cards from Costco this year for friends and family, so I actually have a nice little stash of handmade Christmas cards. I would love to exchange with my blog friends, so comment here, or message me on Facebook if you'd like to exchange handmade Christmas cards this year :) 


Have a Crafty Holiday Season!
xo, Noelle






3 comments:

Annette Allen said...

wow this is amazing.. i love that Santa..

LeAnne said...

Oooooh, this is SO cute! I love this Santa and your embellishments are so sweet!!!

Sylvia said...

What a jolly Santa, Noelle, wonderfully festive card! Enjoying your blog and your card as usual, thanks for playing with us at the colourQ.