Home Design Work Recognitions For Sale About Me

Friday, September 20, 2013

My "new" chalk painted dining room set!


Hello! I just wanted to pop by today to show you that my dining room set is finally FINISHED! You may remember that I used chalk paint to transform an old hutch waaaaay back in February. I loved it so much that I decided to paint my dining room table, my grandparents vintage bench, and 6 unfinished chairs (another friend gave me these) so they would all match, and I would finally have a dining room I could be proud of :). Outside of the chairs being the same, none of the pieces were matching to start.
I got the bench and half the chairs done sometime in the summer. I finally found the motivation to finish this project that's been half done for SO LONG, a couple weeks ago. Hubby pitched in too, by finishing the tabletop, and the chair seats for me. I did all the blue which is chalk painted with Annie Sloan Chalk Paint in Duck Egg Blue, and then "distressed" with the same method used on the hutch post.

We used a product on the tabletop, hutch serving surface, and chair seats that was a combo stain/polyurethane.

That's it for me today! See you back here soon! 
hugs, Noelle

5 comments:

Annette Allen said...

wow great job.. those look amazing and cool color..

Nancy Thomas said...

Very pretty Noelle. I have some Annie Sloan paint that has been sitting here over a year not used! Can't work up the courage.

Jenny said...

Wow! That's a lot of work, but soooo worth the final outcome!!! Great job :)

Leslie Germain said...

Wow! Love what you did to your furniture. Beautiful!

Katie Ann Brooks said...

Love the colors girl!