Home Design Work Recognitions For Sale About Me

Friday, August 30, 2013

TCP Release week; wrapping it up! :)


Hi all, here are my 2 last cards for Release Week at The Cat's Pajamas. We have some awesome new sets and dies for you, and they are available now! I will post graphics of all the sets/dies at the bottom of this post. These were the 2 cards that I showed off at The Pajama Party on Monday evening.

For this first set, I used "One Cupcake" and the "Bitty Banners" CutUps. I used glitter paper woth the CutUps for some glitz, and some Lemon Divine Twine  to "hang" the banner from. I used some Liquid Pearls for cupcake sprinkles. 



I also used a great product on this, one that I was given at CHA to try out. It's called the "Perfect Layers" tool, and you can get one here.  See the perfectly spaced mat behind Cupcake Bun? And the other perfect mat behind the main DP panel? I really enjoyed using this tool, I wasn't sure if I would or not, since I have always used a paper trimmer and the "eyeball method" for creating mats in the past. And, I'll be honest with you-my method is not foolproof and I sometimes end up with uneven margins. This tool is great, it's a set of three plastic "rulers." they aren't really rulers, but that's the best way I can describe it. Anyhow, each one has a lip of a different width. You just choose the width of mat you want, tape down your photo, or other element you are trying to mat, and line it up with one of these. Then, slice your mat with an exacto knife. Of course, you will want to use a cutting mat underneath. But it really is simple, and takes all the guesswork out of cutting mats. :) 






My second card is using the set "At Your Service." A cute little builder set, the bear holds a tray and you can stamp whatever item you'd like her to be serving up! Too cute. I gave her a present to hold. And also used the "Framed Up" CutUps.  I used a little glassine bag to hold a gift card on the front of the card. And, some more Divine Twine in Aqua! :) 







And here's the rest of the new collection! 






Thanks for popping by! September is looking to be a wee bit crazy in my world, so posts will be sporadic for a bit. I've started teaching theater again (expanded my program this year!) and we are still adjusting to my oldest son's busy sports schedule as he is doing triathlon and cross country at the moment.... SO grateful for good friends that are willing to carpool! It makes the craziness manageable! :) 

xo, Noelle

1 comment:

Leslie Germain said...

Beautiful cards, Noelle. Love the colors in the bunny one (cute image). That banner with the sparkles is gorgeous.