Home Design Work Recognitions For Sale About Me

Sunday, August 18, 2013

WTF? (who's turning 40?)

Hi all, just popping in today with a quick card! We went to a dear friend's 40th birthday party last night. It was really fun! Very nice to get out and have a grown-ups evening sometimes. Here is the card I made for him.
When I saw this stamp set at CAS-ual Fridays stamps, I knew I had to have it! It was just too funny, and clever. I love the tongue-in-cheek humor going on here! ha! Plus, most of my friends are about to hit *that* certain age. It's the only set I have from there, so far, but they have a lot of awfully fun ones for the future!
I started out with the numbered paper from MME, then added the yellow ephemera piece. The glitter numbers were from a new pack of alphabets I picked up on sale recently (I'm thinking they are  American Crafts brand). I die cut the white piece (Lifestyle Crafts die) then I inked up my "WTF?" stamp overlapping the ink colors in the middle for a variegated look. Then I stamped the "who's turning forty?" stamp in blue twice on the die cut piece. A few candy dots (I don't think they really call them that, but that's what they look like to me, those little candy dots that came on strips of paper... do you know what I'm talking about?) and then my card was done. :) This is a 4"x6" card.
Hope you had a wonderful weekend! Please check back Tuesday for a BIG surprise! :)

xo, Noelle


3 comments:

Lynn said...

Such a fun card! I'm sure he loved it! I'm about to make a 50 card for my sister-in-law!

Annette Allen said...

what a fun 40's card.. i bet your friend loved it..

Leslie Germain said...

LOL. Love the colors and the play on words. Just great!!