Home Design Work Recognitions For Sale About Me

Sunday, October 30, 2011

Wii Birthday Party invitations & kid thank you notes

Hi there! I've been as busy as a bee in my little office these last couple days. My boys' birthdays all fall in a 7 week period, so, particularly years like this one where they all want their own parties, autumn is the season of birthdays around here! These are the invitations for our last birthday party this year! Whew! Collin wanted a "Wii" themed party. I was unable to find Wii themed plates, etc, so I went with Wii Mario Kart. I think I'll make cupcake pics with this stamp, too. It's PERFECT for him, called Game On over at Papertrey Ink. So, I actually made the sample card of these first, and then made the Critter Christmas Cards the other day with essentially the same layout. These papers are actually sports themed, but not overtly so, and I loved the colors and the patterns, I knew Collin would, too! I thought the banner printed DP looked VERY "birthday!" Now just gotta get these guys in the mail, here's the inside for ya.....

Kept them simple and printed in color because my black ink cartridge is empty! Hahaha, sometimes it's NOT a design choice, but a practicality issue instead! ;)

Next up, I hadn't finished the Thank You notes for Ian's birthday party a couple weeks back, you may remember his birthday card and his skater birthday party invitations. I needed some simple, FAST, cute, boyish thank you notes that utilized supplies I already had. Here's what I came up with:

I thought this paper from my stash had a "grungy" feel that kind of went along with the skater theme in a subtle way. I let the DP do the "heavy lifting" on these cards. I used those Dude stamps from Verve again for these, along with an old SU! hostess set for the "rock star" stamp. Now all I gotta do is get my kid to actually WRITE his thank you notes! Wish me luck! ;)

Well, that is it for me today, I'll be back tomorrow to show you a sweet Halloween treat! See you then!

xoxo, Noelle

supply list: patterned papers: Bella Blvd. & Fancy Pants Designs; stamps: Verve, Stampin' Up!, Cat's Pajamas, and Papertrey Ink; punches: EK Success; black buttons: BasicGrey; dye inkpads & solid cardstock: Stampin' Up!

DUST IT OFF!: That paper on the thank you notes is really REALLY old, I just never had the "right" project for it, I think this one fit the bill! :) 

3 comments:

Anne Marie Hile said...

Hi Noelle! Both the invite and the thank you are fantastic! Love the bright colors and fun patterns. How could he not want to write thank you's when they are this cool? :) Good luck! Hope you had a great weekend! Hugs! :)

Lynn said...

Noelle, I think we could trade lives and feel like we're still living the same life! We have a bit more time between three birthdays (11 weeks), but I'm with you 100%. And...I love these birthday invites! Can you send an extra set my way?!

Annette Allen said...

I love your creativity...and how fun you make your kids birthday parties... They will have so many awesome memories... I bet they know how lucky they are...