Home Design Work Recognitions For Sale About Me

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Too Cute To Spook!! (CQC106)

Hi all! Time for another fab color combo over at colourQ challenge!!! I think these colors are very "Halloween-y" wouldn't you agree? :) The palette is: Basic Black, Basic Gray, Tangerine Tango, Crushed Curry, and White. Here's my page!!:


Here's the palette!
I think these are definitely Halloween colors, but you could go fresh and summery, too.. Think bumblebees like the fun inspiration pic, and you could go a whole different direction! Of course, I went Halloween, LOL ;) I used a sketch I found online at Scrapbooks, etc.:

Scrapbook Page Sketch 286

I started out with a base page in the Tangerine color. I punched some black circles, and arranged them as the sketch showed. I used a strip of DP from last year's SU! Halloween pack. I punched really large circles in the gray, and that was where I decided to put my title. The title was taken from the name of a new Halloween line from Bella Blvd. I thought it would make a great title, too! I arranged some dimensional stickers between the circles in the title, but BEFORE I did that, I colored the stems on the jack-o-lantern stickers black. Remember, you want to stick as close to the palette as you can, so since there was no brown in the palette, out comes a black permanent marker! Little things like that can help a lot! ;)


I die cut the black journaling paper I used, and a Tangerine mat for it. I added a few more stickers, some bat brads, and did my journaling with a white chalk pen. And that's my page!! I hope you like it! I'm thinkin' it's going to replace the Sweet Summertime page of the boys that's currently in the shadowbox frame that I have in my house! A bit more seasonal, wouldn't you say? ;)

Have a super day! :)

xoxo, Noelle

supply list: solid cardstock & patterned paper: Stampin' Up!; punches: EK Success; stickers: K&Company and Sticko; bat brads: making memories; dies: Spellbinders; pens: Zig

2 comments:

Lynn said...

ABsolutely fabulous layout! Love the chalk feel of the white on the black cardstock.

Anita Scroggins said...

Noelle this is fabulous! Love the colors this week and I love that sketch too!