Home Design Work Recognitions For Sale About Me

Sunday, May 30, 2010

Mexican Tile Thanks (SFYTT)

Hi everyone! Happy Memorial Day weekend! I hope everyone is doing well. My hubby has had to work ALOT the last few days, and, oddly enough this makes me productive around the house. So far I've cleaned out the fridge, cleaned my kitchen floors, dishes, swept AND (tada!) now this card! Though I must say I would much rather he was home than working....
I'm also very excited about our BIG family BBQ tomorrow at my stepsister's house. It's always lots of family, lots of fun, and too much food! :) I need to remember to make the fruit salad tonight & the homemade guacamole. Hopefully I don't eat it all before I get there! I've learned that the BEST way to make guac is with ripe avacado, fresh lemon juice & one of those spice packets they sell by the avocados. SO much healthier than adding mayo and truthfully it tastes SO much better this way!!
I've got my godson here this weekend, so we are up one more boy than normal, there are currently FOUR little boys running around in the sprinkler outside. As soon as I finish this post it will be the BEST time of the day, (NAPTIME!!) for my toddler, Evan. :)
Ok here's the card, another "Sketch For You To Try" (SFYTT) link here to the sketch....
I gotta tell you, I ripped this card apart and remade it about 8 times! I just couldn't get it all to work together, BUT I think I'm finally pleased with the end result! The background paper is from BoBunny it's called "Flower Child Aquarius." It's one of those things where I saw the paper, had NO idea what I'd use it for, didn't need it & was SO in love with it I bought it anyway! The little "tile" looking piece is paper from TPC Studio, a line called "Mediterranean Summer." The rest of the cardstock is from Stampin' Up! as well as the sentiment stamp (from the set "Flight of the Butterfly") & the hardware piece is also SU. The colors are as follows; Bermuda Bay, Tangerine Tango, Close To Cocoa & confetti white. The flower stamp is from an old acrylic set called "Spring" by Autumn Leaves. The sentiment "ribbon" is hand cut by moi. Oh and finally the dies are Nestabilities by Spellbinders. I LOVE these fun colors, so happy & summery:) Well, that's enough chattiness from me (can't you tell I've had very little adult interaction lately, when I go on, and on, and on....)

Have a super Memorial Day!

You can purchase this card here

No comments: