Home Design Work Recognitions For Sale About Me

Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Pumpkin Patch Scrapbook Layout (CQC156)


Hey folks! It's FALL, and here is a very pretty, warm, FALL, ColourQ palette for you today! check it:  Rich Razzleberry, Dusty Durango, Pumpkin Pie, Soft Suede, and White. I did a scrapbook layout of our trip to the pumpkin patch last year! The photos fit well with the fall-ish colors and Ian was wearing burgundy colored pants, so that pulled in the purple shade in the palette nicely:)
cqc156

I just loved these colors, but when I went to pull out my Autumn and Halloween themed papers/embellishments, nothing was quite right... all the Halloween things had black accents or black as the neutral instead of the Suede color. Many of them had orange and purple, but also added green.... I was kind of wanting a more Fall page, and less of a Halloween page, anyway.... Nothing was quite right, and then I spied this Pumpkin Flourish Edger Punch that I'd won in one of my Spotted Canary prize packages, and never actually used. It's a bit hard to see here, but I punched it from a white card stock that had a very subtle glimmer sheen to it. Then I pulled out my markers in the challenge colors and colored the pumpkins in the Pumpkin Pie color, the flourishes got colored Razzleberry, the leaves were colored Dusty Durango, and the pumpkin stems were colored with the Suede marker. Then I added a few gems. I really felt that they turned out perfect with the color challenge, and that is a really pretty punch. I really like it, I bet I will use it more now! :)

I had some new letters in the Suede color that had a woodgrain printed on them. I found some woodgrain paper in my SU! stash that had the orange, brown and rust shades in it, too. Creating two border strips at the top of both pages was a snap with the DSP and the pumpkins I'd punched and colored. The final touch were some of these fun, glittery flourishes. I ended up using the whole pack on these pages, they are really fun! 

I only cropped 2 photos and left all the rest in the original size. Found a journaling block in the Durango color, added that, and then wrote on it with the Suede marker. At the very end I found these stickers from 2 different Jolee's packs, the wagon was PERFECT except for the fact that the hubcaps were red.... a few orange gems covered that up nicely, and then it gelled really well with those glitzy orange flourishes, too:)
All in all, I'm happy where the layout ended up! The photos are still the main focus, and the colors are used well, with just a few cute (but not too distracting or bulky) elements. I hope you like it too! Please come play at ColourQ this week! I'd love to see what YOU will do with these pretty, warm colors! 

have a wonderful day! 
hugs, Noelle

supply list: punch: EK Success; stickers and glitter flourishes/gems: Jolee's; patterned paper: stamping' Up!; solid card stock; Stampin' Up!; journaling block: Creative memories; letters: American Crafts

DUST IT OFF!: A punch that I won & wasn't quite sure if it was "my thing" or not looks great when punched in white and colored with multiple markers! Who says punches have to be boring? :) 


3 comments:

Annette Allen said...

AWW how totally adorable...great layouts..

Lynn said...

Such awesome, awesome layouts Noelle!

Tracey McNeely said...

Still loving this layout Noelle, such a wonderful collection of memories for your album!