Home Design Work Recognitions For Sale About Me

Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Bewitching... (CQC155 TCPTUES225)


Hey folks! Time for another ColourQ challenge! This palette (and photo!) reminded me so much of the colors from my wedding, 16 years ago:) I also managed to squeeze in another challenge by using this darling sketch from The Cat's Pajamas blog, so cute! Here's the deets:

cqc155


Even though my first inclination was to go with a floral.... I kind of figured everyone would do that.... When I saw this (uninked) sweet little Witchy stamp set from TCP in my bin, I thought it might be fun to do a soft, sweet Halloween card... this cute little witch was just the ticket! 


I spent a lot of time paper piecing and coloring little Samantha (really, there's never been another show like Bewitched, don't you agree? I really enjoyed the movie that came out with Nicole Kidman and Will Ferrell a few years ago, too!) I did decide to make her face green like the Wicked Witch of the West, even though she's too cute to be wicked! But I gave her pink cheeks, for some cuteness factor :) I used the Pale Plum color for her outfit and hat. 


I used the circus border CutUps from TCP for the scalloped part on the sketch. I added a couple different kind of gems, and didn't stop there... found some cute white heart brads in my stash, they made a sweet accent on the ribbon. Then I thought I really *should* stop.... BUT instead pulled out the Frosted Lace Stickles to add some texture to her outfit and the flowers on the top panel. Hope that wasn't too overboard! 


And so goes my first Halloween card for this year. I hope you like it! Please come and play with these colors for ColourQ challenge this week, I'd love to see what you will do with this pretty, feminine palette. 

have a great one! Noelle


supply list: stamps: TCP; die: TCP; papers: SU!; Frosted Lace Stickles; gems; ribbon

DUST IT OFF!: Those heart brads are ancient, I honestly forgot I had them, they were stashed away with several other odd bits and pieces of embellishment. I think I bought them for Valentine's Day cards, but they sure make a sweet touch for a Halloween card, too! 

2 comments:

Lynn said...

Love that fun witch Noelle...she looks like she has an attitude :)

Annette Allen said...

how cute..i love that little green witch...great card girl...