Home Design Work Recognitions For Sale About Me

Monday, March 10, 2014

Green and Gold:TCP Tuesday260


Hello there! You probably thought I was gone forever, didn't ya? So sorry, I joined a new (triathlon) training group in January, so I have been working out a lot (sorta been living at the pool-love it!), plus started my new job a few weeks ago, and well..... just busy BUSY all the time! I'm sure you can relate, it's a crazy world we live in! ;) Anyhow, you are about to see a LOT more of me, we have a new release coming out soon, and I have some CUTE stuff to share with you all. But today is something different! Today it's time for a new TCP Tuesday Challenge. Wendy is our Hostess with the Mostess, and she has challenged you to make a project with the colors GREEN and GOLD, can ya dig it? Now,, you don't have to make a St. Patty's Day card or project, but I LOVE St. Pat's Day and that's what I wanted to do for mine. :)
I made a little banner to hang on my hutch. I was surprised how many sets I found that would be easily tweaked into a St. Patty's Day look, even thought none of them are actually St. Pat's Day sets. Here's the scoop on the TCP Tuesday Challenge:

  1. Each Tuesday a new challenge will be posted here on this blog as well as on our Splitcoaststampers forum and ourFacebook page.
  2. If you want to play along you just upload your design using the InLinkz button below*. If you want to display your pretties on Splitcoaststampers use keyword TCPTUES260. Only the entries uploaded to the Inlinkz button will be considered for Swanky Stamper at the end of the month.
  3. You must have your project posted by Monday, 12 midnight EST to be eligible to win the week’s Cat Cash.
  4. Cards and projects must have at least one Cat’s Pajamas Stamp or CutUps die in the project.
  5. On the following TCP Tuesday, the week’s winner will be chosen from the previous challenge and will receive a Cat Cash Voucher for $10.00.
  6. At the end of the month, The Swanky Stamper will be selected from all the weekly entries. The Swanky Stamper will receive some of the stamps from our next release and get to play along with us at our Pajamas Party and Blog Hop. AND… They’ll even get a special spot in the Gallery highlighting the project that won them the gig and a snazzy badge to display on their blog.
  7. The Swanky Stamper will be announced the First Monday of the month on Splitcoaststampers, Facebook page and this Blog.

This panel was done up with "Show Me the Magic" PJ and his honey pot. I paper pieced PJ with some green scraps and colored his honey with a gold pen. That paper that looks brown behind the PJ is actually gold, it's just not super sparkly. But I was able to add some glitz with some gems and some glittery photo corners.



The middle panel is fab "Gimme Some Sugar" Ms. Sprinkle and her hat looks an awful lot like a leprechaun hat when done up in green and gold, dontcha think? I used the Coolvetica alpha to stamp the "Lucky!" sentiment on her banner. I stamped the vase from the lollipop stamp, and then created the shamrock with the heart stamp.



The other panel is Pinwheel Bun and his field of pinwheels. A variety of greens, and giving Bun a solid gold nose adds that Irish touch.

The accent panels were made using the Pennant CutUps and the Heart Trio CutUps, sweet and simple. 





I pulled the whole banner together with some gold eyelets and some green Divine Twine. I also used the Framed Up CutUps on the stamped panels.

That's all for me today. I really hope you can come play with us this week at The Cat's Pajamas! New goodies are coming very very soon. ;) 







No comments: