Home Design Work Recognitions For Sale About Me

Friday, January 13, 2012

Sun Shaped Card (OCCC)


Hello there! I had made this card to submit to Paper Crafts, and it didn't get picked up :( Sadly, it's been one of a long line of disappointments this week; but I'm all good. Nothing that's critical, or terribly serious. I think the Lord is just trying to teach me to lean on Him. I'm sorta a slow learner, so I gotta keep learning! ;) LOL!

On a **good** and cheerful note, I had this card featured at Our Creative Corner last week. Spotted Canary showed this page on their Facebook feed, and my Circus K Cup Caddy was Pick of the Litter at TCP on Wednesday. I'm kind of a perfectionist.... and truly, need to work on not being so tough on myself! :) 

So, as a happy surprise to me, the challenge at Our Creative Corner this week is "Show Us your Shapes!" make a SHAPED card, since I had this one all made and photographed, I thought I would write a post and link it up. Do you like it? It's pretty bright, I like the happy rainbow, though I am **SICK** over the fact that I LOST the darling cloud die that coordinates with this rainbow die from Lil' Inker, so I had to use my MFT one. Which is also super cute, but I really LOVED the Lil' Inker one with the perforated edge! :( I'm thinking of asking them if I can just order a new cloud, and not the whole set. I did use the Lil' Inker stamp on the inside sentiment, though! :)

Have used my heart punch for sun's rays before, and I did that again. I am still not sure if this card would have been cuter/better had the rays gone all the way around the card instead of stopping at the fold? Well it IS fun and sunny! Hope you like it anyway :) Have a wonderful weekend! I got my new TCP order, so I'll be "playing" this weekend! 

Big hugs!! Noelle 

supply list: dies: Lil' Inker, MFT, Spellbinders; circle cutter: CM; heart punch: EK Success; DP: American Crafts (I think?) 

DUST IT OFF!: The paper was a scrap from this card for my stepdad's 70th. That circle cutter is 10 years old and I've had the heart punch and scalloped circle dies for a couple years, too. :)



9 comments:

Lynn said...

Noelle, this is such an adorable card! I love how you did the inside. Sorry that it didn't get picked up by PaperCrafts. Keep going though as your creations are gorgeous!

Lynn said...

PS I put your package in the mail today!

scrapsnsuch@gmail.com said...

Super sunny, so keep on smiling!

franzesjoi said...

this is really cutie, noelle! :) happy card with a happy colours...

Desirée-ScrapDees said...

this is really cute and lovely, love the details you used, really beautiful!
thanks for sharing!

LeAnne said...

So so cute! I think those Lil Inker dies are perfect for this fabby card!

Patrice said...

So unique! I'd love for you to link up with my new cardmaking meme, 52 Card Pickup...

http://www.oldbackporch.com/2012/01/52-card-pickup-week-2.html

Jennifer Rzasa said...

This is so much fun...what a cheery card! Thanks for playing along with us at OCC!

Anne Marie Hile said...

Noelle, this card is an instant day-brightener!! Absolutely adorable and and full of cheer! Look at you dusting off the supplies...you are soooo motivating me to do the same. Hoping your awesome mojo rubs off on me. Thanks so much for joining us at Our Creative Corner this week! :) Have a great day! hugs!