Home Design Work Recognitions For Sale About Me

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Little Girl Birthday Cards

Hello, there! Just wanted to share these cards I made today... Evan was invited to his friends birthday party (they are twins), and then a couple days later Collin got invited to his friend's SISTER'S party (presumably so his friend won't be bored). Funnily enough, the parties are same day, same place! Different girls, though... Both Collin and Ev cannot WAIT to go to JungleQuest and play :) Additionally, you might remember the cards I made for my goddaughter, and for her sister, who're both having birthdays soon. Needless to say I spent quite a bit of time in the "pink aisles" at Target today, trying to pick presents for FIVE little girls! ;) It was fun, and I think I picked good, but as a mom to 3 boys, I'm always a bit intimidated by the pink aisles! Also picked up wrapping stuff while there, the paper and tissue both look like this: 

So, that was my jumping off point/inspiration for the cards... I like to match things if possible, and remembered I had a partly cut into sheet of DP that was kraft with colored doilies printed on it, so that was what I decided to use for the main panel. 
Since I'd gotten the twins a large gift to share, I figured I'd better make them each their own cards. :) Must be hard being a twin, in that way, where everything is shared. I know Evan LOVES it the most when I put his name on things, since he knows how to spell/write his name now. I thought the girls might like that, too. Tried to make them slightly different, but coordinating. The pink felt butterfly was in my SWAP goodies from last Fall, I can't tell you how many of those little die-cut pieces I've used!! Thanks a million, to my DT member, Kara! The pink felt rose was in my Valentine's goodies and the dies/punches and yellow pom trim were already out, have been having fun making a LOT of stuff lately, and I need to clean up! ;) 


The last card was for the party Collin will be going to, this is terrble, but since it's his friend's sister, I don't know her name! LOL, guess I could ask, but I'm a little embarrassed that I don't! Same paper/colors, a bit different on the embellies.....

Well, that is all for me! I kept Evan home from school today, he's tired and we got about twice as much snow as was forecasted! I've hooked him up in the kitchen with all the play-doh stuff! Keeps him busy for hours, but makes a HUGE mess!!! LOL! Hope you stay warm and have a great one :)

hugs, Noelle

supply list: dies: TCP and PTI; punches: EK Success; decorative paper: American Crafts and Stampin' Up!; felt rose and aqua velvet button: K&Company; gems, yellow pom trim; letter stickers: October Afternoon; stamp: Stampin' Up! 


DUST IT OFF: had that paper for awhile, had used last year for some Easter projects, I think... Punches and scraps are always a great way to make layered embellishments, super easy, too! :)

4 comments:

Annette Allen said...

these are so adorable...I love all these fun colors together...that yellow just stands out..

Jen W. said...

So loving the bright and bold colours especially that fabulous yellow!

Desirée-ScrapDees said...

this is really beautiful, love it! great colours to!

Lynn said...

Your a good mum with the play-dough! I have to be in a patient mode to pull it out! Probably shouldn't say that, but it's true :(

Love your girl cards..isn't it fun to get all the girl colors out with all our boys! Love them!