Home Design Work Recognitions For Sale About Me

Tuesday, February 5, 2013

The Bottom of My Heart (CQC #175)


Hi all! Hope you had a great weekend. I am way behind on blog stuff, so if you commented, I am so sorry, I will be back around in blogland very soon! I was kept busy caring for my recovering-from-surgery hubby, a sick 12 year old, and dealing with the 2 other kids and the house. Ah, the glamorous life of a mom, I tell you! ;) 

Thank YOU from the bottom of *my* heart for your kind words about me joining the Cat Pack, it's a really exciting new venture for me, I am still pinching myself! 
Speaking of which, I will be back in an hour with the NEW (and improved!) TCP Tuesday Challenge! 

Today we have a new ColourQ challenge! Here is the palette:


I don't mind tellin' ya.... this one was really really hard for me! I ended up doing a lot of white, and I think I must have ripped this apart at least three times, what a mess.

Getting those washi tape lines just so was part of my frustration.... I kept thinking they were even, then I'd go to lay down my nesties and realize, they weren't! Fortunately, washi tape peels off pretty easily! 

I sponged the edges of that main white cardstock panel with the Pink Pirouette ink on a sponge. I also used some pink pastel to add some shading to the white nestie after I cut it and stamped it. 

I made the mat Tangerine and the card base is actually Melon Mambo, I didn't have any Pink Passion. I stamped the stamp also in Melon Mambo ink, colored the heart with an orange marker, and added some Diamond Stickles to the heart, and a few other little spots on the stamped image. 



The only Cherry Cobbler came in on the card by me matting the stamped nestie with a larger one cut from the Cherry Cobbler color. 

I hope you can come play with us at the ColourQ this week! I would love to see what you can come up with! :)

hugs, Noelle


3 comments:

Tracey McNeely said...

This is so beautiful Noelle, I love those patterned strips in behind. Love your sentiment.

Lisa Elton said...

Beautiful card Noelle. Hope everyone gets better at your house soon. Sending thoughts and prayers your way ;)

Sue Wieberg said...

Gorgeous card Noelle. The strips of washi tape are really cool.