Home Design Work Recognitions For Sale About Me

Tuesday, November 20, 2012

U are the Winner of a giant SQUID hat! (CQC164)

Hey all! FUN and different color palette at ColourQ this week! I think the purple is really what makes this different, check it.

















*And as a side note, I am going to be taking a little ColourQ hiatus until the New Year, I'm not quitting though, never fear! :) I LOVE the challenge, I just have my fingers in too many pies right now. Bit off a little more than I can chew, and after 3 weeks of days that run from 6am-11pm, I am realizing I need to cut back just a bit until the Theater Workshop I'm teaching is over, plus a few other things that are in the works! :) Thanks so much to Arielle for being such a doll about my little break, too. Thanks, Arielle, you rock! :)


I did kind of a silly page, but this squid hat was so silly, I couldn't help it! And Collin was SO thrilled to win it, too! Haha!


I used this cute digi layout as a jumping off point for my traditionally scrapped page. I liked the angles, and the way the papers were just layered on top of each other like that! Cute!


I pulled DPs in the challenge colors and did something that might help you if you're trying to use up old items in your stash. Both the "U" in the title and the rust colored pennant are colored with marker. they were both close in color, but not quite close enough, and they were porous, so my Stampin' Up! markers worked well on there.


I used my Big Ticket CutUp from The Cats Pajamas, and it made a great journaling spot for this amusement park page. I used an SU! stamp to create the lines to write on called "School Lines" and the coordinating TCP set to the die in the rust color.


Found some already cut silver stars in my stash and a brad and another bottle cap like the ones I used on my last ColourQ card.


A silly page for a silly picture! Hope you like it! be back in just a bit with a card for Can You Digi It? So come back soon! ;)

xo, Noelle








*not writing out a supply list today, in a big hurry.
:( But if you want to know what brand something is leave a comment and I will get back to you with it! :)

DUST IT OFF! SO much old goodness on this page, lots of really old papers to start, some old stickers that I made work with my markers, and my trusty giant circle punch. :)

1 comment:

LeAnne said...

LOL, what a cute way to use these (challenging) colors!! A squid hat?! No way! FUn stuff!