Home Design Work Recognitions For Sale About Me

Monday, December 13, 2010

A Little Elfin Magic as a Karber Guest Designer! :)

 Hi there everyone! This is the card for my Guest Designer spot over at Karber Digital Images, the challenge this week is "Anything Goes" check it out!!! I used the Elf Gift Digi as my pick for this card. As soon as I saw it, I was reminded of a Christmas memory & THAT is why I wanted to use this digi.  If you look below, you will see a a set of three elf figurines. My mom had those figurines out on the end table in our house growing up for as long as I can remember. I always thought they were cute. As the years passed, my mom had 3 kids of her own & she once told me that the elves then became even more meaningful as she felt that each elf represented one of her kids.  A few years ago, my mom gave me these elves since I now have 3 kids of my own, and because I've always loved them. Of course, I have 3 SONS, instead of 2 daughters and a son, so I can tell you, they do NOT sit on an end table in my house. Living on a high shelf keeps them safe from being DEMOLISHED, lol;) So I took my little elfin digital friend, and I printed him out 4 times, once on white, and 3 times on patterned papers. I actually put 4 elves on one sheet and just lightly taped down the patterned papers in 3 quadrants of my white cardstock. I paper pieced him & colored the rest in with Copics. Then I cut him out all around his edges and set him aside. For my card, I decided to do a long card. I kept turning this patchwork quilt idea over in my head, so that was my jumping off point. I cut about 3/4" off the right side of the card front and adhered a green border strip to the inside of the card which was then exposed. I then covered the front of my card with green punched squares and layered smaller patterned paper squares on top of that. I cut out a white oval and a turquoise mat for it. I dry embossed the white one with a swiss dot embossing folder. My original plan was to use a snowflake embossing folder, but I ultimately decided it was getting too busy. I used dimensionals to adhere the elf to the oval. Finally, I created a tab with my punch and I stamped the word "merry" on it with teensy tiny alphabet stickers. I stapled it to the card with a red fastenater & added a fun 3D holly sticker. I also added a yellow pompom to his hat for fun:)


Thanks for stopping by! If you are coming from Karber and have never been here before, WELCOME! I started this blog in May & I cover a variety of techniques and styles. Check out some of my older posts! :)


Supply list: Elf digi: Karber; solid red, green, turquoise, and white cardstock: SU!; turquoise and red patterned papers: Cricut; green patterned paper: SU!; embossing folder: Cuttlebug; border strip: K and Company, holly sticker: Jolee's, tab punch: EK Success/SU!;alphabet stamps: studio g; red jumbo staple: EK Success; square punches: EK Success
Well that is it for me today! thanks for stopping by. Come back soon and have a STELLAR day! :)

-Noelle

2 comments:

Andrea said...

That's a gorgeous image and I love the colours you've used, the papers are perfect!

Unknown said...

Hi Noelle. Your card is stunning! Love all the details about it. You did a great job. The elves figurines are lovely, thanks for sharing the sweet story. Have a great week! Hugs :)