Home Design Work Recognitions For Sale About Me

Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Swimming With Dolphins Scrapbook Page (CQC178)


Hi all! I took a "personal snow day" last Thursday. Kept my little Ev home. We got about 8" of snow Weds. night, which by CO standards is not a lot. To make my point, we then got well over a foot on Sunday! School was not closed on Thursday, but Ev's school is pretty far. It takes me 30 min. to get there in good weather, so I decided we needed a mommy-imposed snow day. It's nice how you can do that when they are still in preschool! :) We made cookies and stayed in our jammies 'til noon. It was great and I'm starting to feel like "me" again after a few VERY crazy weeks! So, it was a good day to craft. I have two projects to show you today! This is for this week's ColourQ! In about an hour from this post, I'll be posting my TCP Tuesday project for this week, so check back if you can!

Here is the gorgeously blue palette for this week:

I literally was drooling over this palette when I saw it, my kinda colors, my kinda style.... The tie-dye appearance of this shower curtain felt very beachy to me. I knew I had not scrapped the time hubby and I swam with dolphins in Mexico in summer 2011. This seemed like the perfect fit.


I also knew I wanted to do an old-school tie-dye technique on this page, have you ever used the shaving cream technique? It's really fun, an one of the first cool techniques I learned when I started stamping. Here's the gist:

1. Fill up a tupperware or bowl with shaving cream, use the basic shaving cream (like Barbasol) not the gel kind. Drip drops of ink refill all over the top of the shaving cream. I used coordinating colors since I didn't have the refills in the exact shades, except for the Brilliant Blue.



2. using a plastic knife, drag the knife through the cream, one way and then the other, the ink should start to spread out.

3. push your paper (white or cream work best for this) directly into the cream, all the way down until the whole front of the paper is covered with the cream/ink mixture. Repeat as needed.

4. Immediately wipe off all the cream and ink with a paper towel. Let dry-it doesn't take long at all to dry. Voila! You have tie-dye paper, now!

I also used the following sketch as a jumping off place (hey, it is even pretty recent!):

I cut the dolphins and the word "dolphins" using the Cricut Craft Room on my computer. Then I dry embossed them with my Cuttlebug.


I used my TCP Wave CutUp for the waves, being that it's around 6" long, it worked great for these border strips! :)

and that's it for me right now! Be back in an hour with a fun TCP card! :)

hugs, Noelle

2 comments:

Annette Allen said...

wow love your layout...

Lynn said...

Wow. This is amazing! Love love love your layout.