Home Design Work Recognitions For Sale About Me

Sunday, August 4, 2013

Long time, no craft. CHA updates, and life in general :)

Hey there crafty friends! I am soooo sorry it's been so long since you have heard from me! *insert crickets here* I got home from CHA and less than a week later, my older boys had their biggest race of the season. But I did want to share with you a bit about CHA, and what's up with paper & ICE these days....


CHA was amazing! I shared a room at the LVH with my former teammate from ColourQ and Craft Storage Ideas, Anita Scroggins. It was so great to meet her in person! We went out on the Strip for dinner and a little gambling on Tuesday night. It was so great to get to know her better! :)

On Tuesday at the Show, I was on my own. I wandered around for a few hours-did a few make and takes, picked up some catalogs, etc. I met with Erica Domasek and saw the New Product Showcase. It was really fun! Since I had gotten up at 330am to get to the airport on time, I was tired and came back to my room around 4. I hung out there until Anita and I went out that night.



Wednesday was a blast as well, I went to two seminars in the morning that were being offered. One was called "How To Get Published." Some really awesome panelists were there, including Tanya Fox from CardMaker. Then I went to one about photography. I met a new friend at the seminars! Mary and I decided to hang out together for the rest of Wednesday and Thursday! She really is a doll, I'm so glad I met someone new. Here we are at the SN@P/Simple Stories booth:


Here's some of the gorgeous and inspiring new product I saw at CHA:
We R Memory Keepers

Fancy Pants Design

Graphic 45

Tim Holtz/Advantus Corp.

Lawn Fawn

Sizzix, such cool dies!

Graphic 45

My Mind's Eye

Doodlebug Design

Advantus Corp.

Basic Grey

I loved this Genius platform from Lifestyle Crafts so much, I bought one after I got home! It's magnetic, so the die won't slip, and the mats are self-healing. Plus, I LOVE the color and it came with a whole set of nesting dies, too cool! I really enjoyed meeting some of the staff from Lifestyle. I was a fan when they were Quickutz, and I'm still a fan-fabulous products! I'm really excited about the Letterpress platform as well. We got to try it out there, and it was so cool! I have done "faux letterpress"in the past with an embossing folder, but when you see this in person, it really is different, and the way you can position your paper on the platform would make it really easy to knock out quite a few of those letterpress cards in a jiffy!

It was awesome to walk around and see Tim Holtz, Becky Higgins, Heidi Swapp, and Donna Downey. I was too chicken to introduce myself or ask for a photo with any of them! Though I did do a make and take with Donna Downey at Faber-Castell. Those Gelatos are also on my "must have" list! How fun!

One really great thing that happened was that Kathleen from Advantus Corp. has sent me some AWESOME product to review for Craft Storage Ideas. I got a big box yesterday, so exciting! I'll keep you linked up to the reviews right here. One will be coming on Friday. :)

After CHA, I spent the rest of the weekend in Vegas with many friends from my Theater program in college. Many of them I hadn't seen in more than ten years and catching up with them all was really amazing. It was funny how we all just fell right back into our old ways of being together. It was like no time had passed, and everyone looked great!





I was home less than 24 hours when we launched into the boys last week of tri practice, school check-ins, school clothes shopping, orientation programs, sports physicals, and Ironkids for Ian and Collin! All great, but all crazy. I had to call a "time out" today and bail on some social gatherings. We have all just hit a wall and are needing a break. Just another week and a half or so until the boys are back to school.
Ironkid #1;love the grin :)

Ironkid #2 in transition :)
In the meantime, I hope to get at least a *little* crafty time! See you soon, friends! :)

xo, Noelle

No comments: