Home Design Work Recognitions For Sale About Me

Saturday, November 19, 2011

Dan's Birthday Card ala TCP Tuesday

Hey there! Hope you all are having a great weekend so far! We sure are! The boys went to my Mom's for the weekend, and we are getting our Christmas lights up (well, my husband is... I'm blogging, actually ;) and we are going to go grocery shopping for Thanksgiving and maybe a little Christmas shopping done, too. :) All because my Mom and stepdad are **AWESOME** Thanks guys :) The new dog is doing really well, too! :) 

I needed to make my bro a birthday card, and so I thought I would use my TCP stamps! They really are all my favorite birthday sets. I had only used this darling stamp set Catch My Drift a couple times & I thought it would pair well with these new papers from MME. The other set I used is the super-versatile A Beary Good Year. Here's the link & sketch for TCP Tuesday 185 this week: 

Great sketch, huh? I though the filmstrip idea would be cute to frame some of those tiny images from the Beary Good Year set. :)

I started out by stamping my balloon bear onto Kraft cardstock. I colored him with a variety of pens. Some chalk markers, some SU! markers and some Copics. I fussy cut him out and popped him up with dimensionals on some of that new paper, which I am quite smitten with! It's called "Fun Day" from MME. For the filmstrip I cut a strip of Basic Gray cardstock to a 1 1/4" width and cut a slightly smaller strip in the Daffodil Delight color to adhere behind it. I punched 4 1" holes in the gray piece, and then after I adhered them together, I stamped those small images in the holes on the yellow cardstock. I did a bit more coloring on that.











I really really love/covet this fabulous Icing die from TCP! I think it would be fabulous on scrapbook pages too! But alas, I don't have it, but was tickled to see a similar punch in the prize package I recently won! So I used that to punch a little accent strip for the filmstrip.

The final touch was some bakers twine wrapped round my card. For the circular accent on the sketch, I used a punched circle, punched wood star, and some cute new stickpins.

I hope you like my card! I really am happy with it, good thing it's going to a special brother! :)

Have a stellar day!

xoxo, Noelle

supply list: stamps: TCP; punches: EKS for SU! and Martha Stewart Crafts; solid cardstock in Cherry Cobbler, Daffodil Delight, Island Indigo & Basic Gray: SU!; coordinating inkpads: SU!; patterned papers: MME; stickpins: Little Yellow Bicycle; Memento Black inkpad: Markers: Copic, Zig Chalk markers, and SU!; wood veneer sheet; red glitter gem

3 comments:

Beebeebabs said...

Such a cute card!!!

Nancy Thomas said...

This is really cute Noelle - love your take on the sketch and all the kraft background - perfect for a masculine birthday.

Annette Allen said...

this card is so so cute... I love that cute little bear with the balloons...