Home Design Work Recognitions For Sale About Me

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Silly Old Bear (Winnie the Pooh scrapbook page CQC#86)













Hi there! Here is my page for this week's colourQ! FUN color combo this week, two shades of yellow, brown, and red. I thought the colors in this pic really worked well with the challenge colors. You may have noticed I like to use borders a lot in my page designs. The reason for that is that usually I like to fit several photos on each page, even though that's not the case here today. Like many of you, I usually scrap in 4x6 pics (actually, slightly smaller than that, more deets are below...) I have found through the years that having much of the design of the page coming in on borders, really frees up space for pics. Here's some previous examples from older posts: Old SacramentoEaster Eggs, and some of the Disney Layouts. Since I don't like to crop my photos that much, a border page usually insures I can get 4-5 photos per page or 8-10 per layout. Besides, I tend to mirror a lot in my designs as well, and borders are so easy to mirror, just make a matching strip for the other page and, voila! You are done :)


So, what I was alluding to above, about the pic size. next time you are ordering prints, if you get the option to switch to "True Digital" prints instead of 4x6, give it a shot! True Digital just means that it is EXACTLY the shot you took. To fit a digital print into a 4x6 format it has to be slightly cropped. You may have noticed this when you pick up your pics, that they are not quite the same as they look on your computer, a bit more zoomed in and maybe even off center. True Digital prints are also slightly smaller which makes them EXCELLENT for scrapbooking, here's why: You can fit six 4x6 pics on a 12" page, but there will not be even a smidgen of an inch left between the photos. Since True digital are slightly smaller, there's a bit of your paper peeking out, even if you do put 6 pics per page. Also, when it comes to matting your photos, TD is awesome because you can mat FOUR pics off of a 8 1/2 x11 sheet pf cardstock. When using 4x6 prints you can only mat 2 from a sheet that size. SO, check it out next time you get your prints done. I always get mine from Walgreens.

Ok, blah, blah, enough of my yammering onto THIS page! :) This pic was from our trip to WDW last fall. This pic was taken at the Animal Kingdom park and it's just a great pic of all 3 boys, I love it. :) I decided to make the title "Silly Old Bear" since that is what Christopher Robin calls Pooh. I created a "circusy" fun border title strip with some yellow dotted paper, a red and white border sticker, a wavy border sticker (that one almost looks like a helix...) and a shaped strip cut off the bottom of a piece of DP. I used different stickers to make up the title, using the Mickey Mouse ones for the word "Bear." I wanted the page to evoke a sense of fun and have a bit of Disney on there, but not be too OVERTLY Disney, if you know what I mean. I matted my 5x7 pic in both shades of yellow and red. To the right I added a large sticker I used for journaling, a Pooh sticker and another sticker that says "Hugging the characters." I finished off with a few colored epoxy stickers and the page was done. I was glad to be following the challenge colors, I don't know if I would have picked a brown background otherwise and I LOVE the way that looks with this photo, really love that... Gotta get cracking on a companion page, hopefully SOON! We are in our last few weeks of school and as such, it's been just a little crazy around here. To top it off, today I woke up with a sore throat! UGH! I hope YOU are having a great week, though. :) I'll "see" you soon! -Noelle

supply list: paper: SU!; stickers: Recollections; helix sticker: Basic Gray; shaped border strip: sassafrass lass; colored epoxy stickers, Pooh sticker, and Disney alphabet stickers: EK Success

No comments: