Saturday, February 26, 2011

The glory within us..... (CASE study 28)

My card

The Muse's inspiration card
Hi there! So, I lied, just ONE more post for today, I saw this inspiration card at CASE study and thought it might be the perfect foil for the next Verve Bible verse card in my series;) I used the same My Mind's Eye papers I used on the last post, but I used the graphic zig-zag pattern instead. I pulled from Eva's card the black and ivory print (though mine is actually Espresso and ivory...), the scalloped bottom, the border strips near the bottom, the pink accents and the pop of turquoise. One thing that Eva did on her card that I am sad to say I didn't capture here is the modern stamped image on the vintage-y background. I really like the way she mixed those 2 "flavors" in her card, but mine is pretty much all vintage.
I did as on the last card and just made the card base from that awesome printed cardstock, I'm in love with this new line.  I added a scrap of the coordinating print near the bottom of the card and put on a few old BasicGrey border stickers. I stamped a Unity notebook paper stamp on Blushing Bride cardstock in the coordinating ink, then I stamped the Verve Bible stamp over that in Espresso ink. I trimmed and used the corner rounder on all 4 corners. I punched an ivory scrap with the notebook paper punch and adhered it to the top of the stamped piece. My final touch was a loopy bow made from a thin turquoise craft ribbon and a Melody Ross button. 

I hope you like it, I would love to have some more followers, so if you can, I'd love to see you! :)

have a great day! -Noelle

supply list: stamps: Verve and Unity; patterned papers: My Mind's Eye; punches: EK Success; border stickers: BasicGrey; solid cardstock and inkpads: SU!; gems: The Paper Studio; button: Melody Ross; ribbon: Offray


4 comments:

Joan Ervin said...

You did a beautiful job with the case, Noelle...your card is gorgeous!!! I especially love the papers you used and what an uplifting verse!!!

Sue Kohler said...

beautiful card, love how you have added the pop of blue, what an amazing background paper!
Thanks for sharing your talents at CASE study this week! :)

croppixie said...

Wow this card is gorgeous, what a fantastic take on the sketch! I love your note and ribbon/button embellie!
Thanks for joining CASE study this week.

Jean Martin said...

Wonderful take on the sketch! So glad you could join us at CASE Study! :)