Friday, October 8, 2010

WILD CARD!!!!

 

 Hey there!!! Here's a very WILD card I made for the challenge over at Case Study this week. Here is the link if you want to play along. To the right here is the Muse card made by Barbara Anders! I took my inspiration from Barbara's layout & strong graphic botanical in the background. I also used the handmade scalloped piece, but turned it into a bird's "nest." Now, if you are curious as to where I picked up this WILD color scheme, that's my purse below. I love this bag, it's so funky, crazy and fun! I've often thought that these colors were wild together & that I personally would never have even DREAMED of putting them together, but I love the way it looks! So, I was inspitred to try and make a card with the same colors/look. I thought this layout would be good as it's pretty simple and the eye is drawn to the large main panel first.

All of the colored pieces on the black background are die-cut, either on the Cricut or the Cuttlebug. For the bird accent I punched 5 scallop circles out of Crumb Cake/Kraft cardstock. I secured them in the center with a brad, and sprayed the whole thing with water. Layer by layer I scrunched them towards the center, like a flower (I sprayed more water where needed). Then I unfolded them, layer by layer and sprayed the whole thing with Vanilla Smooch Spritz. I then dried the "nest" (I was trying to make more of a nest than a flower....) with my embossing gun.
Supply List: Cricut cartridge (Home Accents), various dies: Cuttlebug and Sizzix, scallop circle punch:EK Success/SU!, solid cardstock:SU! (colors: Basic Black, Orchid Opulence, Old Olive, Kiwi Kiss, Really Rust, Very Vanilla, Going Gray, Taken with Teal and Crumb Cake), rubon;SU!, ribbon:SU!, half pearl:Michaels, ribbon:Michaels. 
Well, that's it for me today, a fabulous holiday weekend to all!-Noelle

6 comments:

Berenice R. said...

So nice card! Thanks for sharing. Have a great weekend :)

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

Very cool, Noelle! All these die-cuts are combined in a very interesting way, and I love how you made the bird's nest from the scalloped flowers! Thanks so much for playing with us :)

Aimes said...

What a super use of die-cuts! They contrast so well against the black background!
Thanks for playing along with us on CASE study!
Hugs,
Aimes
x

Andrea Ewen said...

Super colorful! Love all those glorious shapes and fabulous flower! Just lovely! Thanks for playing along with CASE Study!

Chris said...

It is wild but so fun! I like the bird nest. :) Thanks for playing along with the CASE study challenge, I am so happy to be their sponsor this week!

Linda L said...

Love your wild colour scheme Noelle and that cute little birdies wing. Thanks for your lovely comment on my card too.