Friday, October 1, 2010

First post for CASE Study- Autumnal Card (CSC08)

Hi everyone! I hope your week is going well. We have been busy (typical), but life has been manageable. Hubby is FINALLY off work today & we had a nice time while our older two were at school, we went for a walk/hike. SO pretty, as the fall colors are changing. So, we come back, he heads out to the auto parts store & I start surfing in blogland. I pop over to Case Study and see their challenge for the week. They do a different challenge over there, in that they have a card or project that is the inspiration. I've never tried their challenge before today, but I had a really great time doing this!  You put your own spin on the inspiration project & see where it takes you. Fun!

Here is the inspiration card, by the Case Study Muse Mariana Grigsby. My card is at the top, you can see I picked up on the oval shape, the warm colored flowers & the crocheted trim. I love this plaid ribbon she used, but I don't have any in the right colors, (though I will admit that I am CRAZY about any kind of patterned ribbon).

 I flipped my card horizontally- I've been making like EVERY single card vertical lately..... I don't know  why except for the fact that it's a bit more dynamic. So, I inked up good ol' "Upsy Daisy" with multiple SU! markers & stamped on Vanilla cardstock. I cut it into the oval shape and framed it with Dusty Durango (retired). I distressed that and set it aside. The patterned paper on the card base is Basic Grey & I thought it had kind of the same vibe she gave her card with the plaid ribbon/crochet combo.... a little vintage & elegant. That's my new Chantilly crochet trim from SU! I made a fancy bow & layered that up with paper flowers & a cool vintage looking brad from American Crafts. Some teensy pearls in the corners and it's all finished.  Some inspiration also snuck in from my lovely autumn walk earlier. :)

Well, that's it for me guys! planning on taking the boys to our local pizza place for dinner tonight, so nice that my guy FINALLY has a few days off! We are all so much happier with Daddy home:) See you soon!
-Noelle

6 comments:

Berenice R. said...

So beautiful cards! Thanks for sharing :)

Aimes said...

What a lovely card - I love the way you've used that crocheted ribbon/lace!
Thanks for taking part in this week's CASE study!
Hugs,
Aimes
x

Beebeebabs said...

Absolutely beautiful Noelle!!!

Andrea Ewen said...

Oh my, Noelle, this is gorgeous! That floral point is fabulous! Wonderful background paper, super sentiment and all around fabby details...I love all of it! Thanks for playing along with us at CASE Study!

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

Can I say gorgeous?? I adore that flower & lace treatment, it's just lovely! Thanks so much for playing with us, Noelle!! :D

Sue Kohler said...

I love the colour inspiration you have taken from Mariana's card Noelle! What a beautiful combination of flowers! Thanks for joining in the fun at CASE study this week! :)