Saturday, October 9, 2010

CASE study (2nd try for the week)



Hi all! Well, I thought I was done with this challenge for the week, and then while cleaning up last night, I came across this patterned paper in my scrap bin that reminded me SO much of the stamp that Muse Barbara Anders used in her inspiration card. Here is the link to CASE study so you can see. Her card is so simple and lovely, I thought- "what the hey, why not make another one?" (besides, I fully admit, that my first attempt might have been a wee bit "out there" lol;) This layout is pretty and simple. One could easily make a stack of these to give away pretty quickly, particularly if you used premade paper flowers, like I did here. Ok, so obviously I used the paper as my "jumping off point." I grabbed the bolder colors from the paper itself. I deided to carry the patterned panel all the way through to the bottom & I used a rub-on for my sentiment instead of a stamp. I also picked up on the flower with the text on it. You can see that 2 of the flowers I used in my layered embellishment have script on them. I was giving my card a more funky and less antique feel, and I think the rub-on font and the funky chipboard button add to that look.

Supply list: patterned paper: K & Company??, solid cardstock:SU! (Taken with Teal and Old Olive), paper flowers;Prima and Hero Arts, ribbon: My Favorite Things, rub-on:SU!, chipboard button: love, elsie.

I'll be back in a bit with some more fun challenges-see you soon! -Noelle

3 comments:

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

Another lovely card, Noelle :) I'm glad that you decided to play again!

Aimes said...

Mmmmm loadsa green - my kind card :D
Thanks for playing along with us on CASE study again!
Hugs,
Aimes
x

Andrea Ewen said...

Another stunner! Love that subtle cool background with that splash of blue! Wonderful work!